Strongsville man charged with vehicular homicide after crash outside the fair
Latest setback over Dukes bleachers is ‘misunderstanding’ that will cost more
Lois Wulfhoop resigns from Wellington school board
PHOTOS: Dukes lose time-honored stadium
Mock leaving as schools superintendent
- POLICE REPORTS - 3:00 pm
- PHOTOS: Demolition derby gets muddy, draws younger drivers - 1:38 pm
- FAIR: Tractors roar to life in Grand National Pull - 1:33 pm
- FAIR: True horsepower on display - 1:27 pm
- Strongsville man charged with vehicular homicide after crash outside the fair - 12:54 pm
- Women’s club launches its 57th season - 10:14 am
- FAIR: Veterans, EMTs settle into new home - 2:27 pm
- FAIR: A real country experience - 11:22 am
- FAIR: Would you believe some folks have never seen… - 11:10 am
- FAIR: All in a day’s work for reporter - 12:43 pm
- PHOTOS: Having a fair-ly good time on Wednesday - 12:31 pm
- Tucker prepares to take over Wellington Schools - 4:48 pm
- JVS BACK-TO-SCHOOL: Doors now open to all freshmen - 3:37 pm
- SCENES FROM THE FAIR! - 2:50 pm
- At rally, county fair flag sales condemned - 2:08 pm
- Schools want help with policing costs - 1:17 pm
- ‘Read with your child’ urges Westwood principal - 1:06 pm
- McCormick settles in for first full year - 1:01 pm
- BACK TO SCHOOLDrake previewsWHS upgrades - 12:19 pm updated: 7:54 am.
- Crownings kicks off fair week - 10:02 am
- FAIR: 38 Special? More like 138 decibels! - 8:18 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 12:10 pm
- WELLINGTON SCHOOL BUS ROUTES - 11:56 am
- Latest setback over Dukes bleachers is ‘misunderstanding’ that will cost more - 11:09 am updated: 8:03 am.
- Uthe named new JVS communications director - 1:20 pm
- Call goes out for blood donors - 10:54 am
- Scouts to honor Oley as Distinguished Citizen - 11:17 am
- Lois Wulfhoop resigns from Wellington school board - 10:41 pm updated: 10:42 pm.
- Dogs and kids ready to shine in Canine Royal Court - 9:17 pm
- New WHS weight room for students and staff - 8:42 pm
- Mock reflects on his year in Wellington - 10:55 am
- Police, fire, EMTs gear up for another try at radio grant - 2:07 pm
- Safety Town grads celebrate - 1:20 pm
- A temporary void where the Dukes stadium used to be - 12:54 pm
- Crownings kick off fair week - 12:31 pm updated: 12:39 pm.
- 50 YEARS: Sarah and Charles West - 10:37 am updated: 10:40 am.
- POLICE REPORTS - 10:12 am
- NEXUS project clears environmental hurdle, promises cash - 1:56 pm
- PHOTOS: Dukes lose time-honored stadium - 1:12 pm
- STAMPEDE! Drill tests LC Fair emergency responses - 10:57 am
- Stadium bleachers to be demolished, rebuilt - 10:28 am updated: 12:49 pm.
- POLICE REPORTS - 9:51 am
- Tucker named interim schools superintendent - 12:49 pm
- Herrick-Main intersection gets a traffic light upgrade - 4:41 pm
- 92 flags retired by Scouts - 1:30 pm
- New Willard murals make their way to Wellington - 1:19 pm updated: 3:26 pm.
- New windows for Pizza House anniversary - 1:15 pm
- Lead paint throws wrench into stadium planning - 1:13 pm
- Southern Lorain County is finding ways to THRIVE! - 1:14 pm
- $4K donated to autism cause at band reunion show - 11:15 am
FAIR: All in a day’s work for reporter
Jason Hawk | Civitas MediaWho’s that? It’s reporter Jonathan Delozier hard at work mucking out a stall for the very first time in the Juni...
PHOTOS: Having a fair-ly good time on Wednesday
Photos by Jason Hawk and Jonathan Delozier | Civitas MediaWe’re loving the Lorain County Fair, and so are these folks we found smiling Wednesday...
Tucker prepares to take over Wellington Schools
When new interim superintendent Tom Tucker steps into the Wellington Schools on Aug. 29, he’ll enter a district that has seen high turnover on m...
JVS BACK-TO-SCHOOL: Doors now open to all freshmen
Large expansion of class space, making iPads available to more students, and accepting non-special education freshmen for the first time are just a fe...
SCENES FROM THE FAIR!
Photos by Jonathan Delozier and Jason Hawk | Civitas MediaThe 171st annual Lorain County Fair opened its gates Monday and welcomed guests with the cro...
At rally, county fair flag sales condemned
When the Rev. Paul Wilson sees the Confederate flag, he remembers the eight-year-0ld black boy whose German shepherd’s throat was slit by the Ku...
WHS soccer season underway
Photos by Russ Gifford | Wellington EnterpriseThe Dukes boys took the field Saturday in the Adidas National Soccer Showcase in Strongsville. The boys ...
Hot-Stovers head to state tournament
The Wellington Advantage Construction Hot Stove team has earned its third consecutive state tournament bid.The 10- and 11-year-olds will play Saturday...
Wellington wrestlers shine in Orlando
Two Wellington wrestlers hit the mats hard at the 2016 Amateur Athletic Union Scholastic Duals.Christopher Miller and Nick Fox of Wellington High Scho...
Photos by Russ Gifford | Wellington EnterpriseWellington girls held a powder-puff football game fundraiser earlier this month. Seniors and sophomores ...
SOFTBALL: Girls’ run ends at district semifinals, 6-3
Photos by Russ Gifford | Wellington EnterpriseA seventh inning rally Wednesday saw the Lady Dukes put up three runs, but Elyria Catholic ended the Wel...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY: Paul and Sharon Johnson
Paul and Sharon (Fowler) Johnson are celebrating 50 years together today.They met in Grand Rapids, Mich., where Paul was a college student and Sharon ...
A walk in the woods
I needed to stretch my legs.After too many hours at a desk, I needed to get away from the stress of the newspaper office, away from emails and phone c...
Bricks to be available as McCormick walls come down
The walls are coming down and the old McCormick Middle School is almost gone.But next week you’ll be able to take home a piece of the old buildi...
Three advance to state management competition
Three Lorain County JVS students placed in the recent District 8 DECA competitions at the Tri-C East Campus in Cleveland.Marketing management students...
YMCA offers diabetes prevention program for our readers in Lorain County
Eighty-six million Americans have prediabetes and only nine million are aware of it, says the YMCA. Are you one of these people?If so, the YMCA is off...
Your giving helps Landry
To the editor:On behalf of the LC Community Help committee, we would like to say thank you to everyone who supported our recent fundraiser by purchasi...
People we can all be proud of
To the editor:When it seems all we ever hear about is bad news, let’s shout out some good.I could from a much larger city. I have seen the villa...
Losing weight is better with support
I miss my wonderful friends at Take Off Pounds Sensibly. Since I don’t get off work until late, I haven’t been able to attend meetings. On...
Want to make America great? Fix wealth gap
There is a difference, although often correlated, between income inequality and wealth inequality.Usually successive periods of income inequality lead...
The pain of losing Luke
It’s been three months now and I no longer cry every day, just most days.It’s all about Luke, our sweet boxer/pit mix who we lost quite su...
Wellington’s Harrison Ford named top Featherlite dealer for 2015 sales
Harrison Ford of Wellington has been named the top Featherlite dealer in overall sales for 2015.In addition to being the recipient of the Featherlite ...
Win a ‘The Force Awakens’ toy in Main Street Wellington raffle
Love Star Wars? You can win a remote-controlled BB-8 droid being raffled to benefit Main Street Wellington.Tickets are $5 each or five for $20. They m...
Everything old is new again at Bows -n- Britches
If you’re looking for anything from baby clothes to board games and everything in between, Nicole LaFleur’s new shop might be the place fo...
New business caters to elderly movers
Advocating on behalf of the elderly was one of Dee Mele’s main objectives when she became a member of the National Association of Senior Move Ma...
Village tries to bridge gap in lineman pay
Journeymen linemen working for Wellington will have the opportunity to earn a $2 per hour merit-based pay increase starting in January 2016.Village ma...